Content management system
A content management system (CMS) takes the needless stress and complexity out of managing a website. There are many options out there, but we predominantly use WordPress for creating bespoke content management systems.
WordPress is a popular open-source website creation tool, written in PHP. It’s truly versatile and easy to use, and comes with excellent online support.
A common misconception is that WordPress is just a blogging platform. It may have started that way, but it has become a powerful website-building tool and is the go-to for even the biggest of brands. From humble beginnings, WordPress now powers roughly one in three websites currently online – arguably because of its content management system.
Over many years, Liven Creative has established a proven five-step approach to providing highly workable content management systems, for clients large and small, across many sectors:
- We meet with you to establish the scope of CMS requirements for your website.
- From this, we typically create a site map to illustrate the number of pages required, and the functionality they’ll require – such as integrating third-party software, forms or e-commerce elements.
- With the site map signed off, we agree costs, process and timings, and begin developing your website.
- To ensure you can make changes quickly for events, promotions, product launches, and to react to market trends – without calling on outsourced expertise – we aim to make the backend (essentially, your CMS) as easy and intuitive to use as possible. We love to keep things simple for you when it comes to managing your online presence, so your site will not only look and feel amazing to everyone that visits it, but you’ll feel comfortable and confident making changes to the finer details.
- Your site goes live, and elements such as images, text, in-line links will be easy to tweak as your business and its market evolve. You can even add new pages with templates in your CMS, build image libraries, and much more. With simple tuition, you can also alter navigation structure too, so existing and potential customers find their way to what they need with even greater ease.
Just some of the many benefits of WordPress CMS:
It’s free to use
This not only frees up budget for other marketing initiatives, but also encourages you to modify, explore and learn new tricks without worrying about a paywall.
It’s really easy to customise
The WordPress CMS allows you to add plugins to your heart’s content, so you can add advanced functionality such as analytics, forms and membership areas easily. There are already thousands of plugins available, with more being added all the time, so there are bound to options to suit your needs.
Yoast SEO is preinstalled with all WordPress content management systems, and search engines including Google love WordPress websites. This means WordPress websites tend to rank higher in search results.
You don’t need to be an expert to manage it
Far from it. WordPress comes with a built-in updates management system that allows you to update plugins in the dashboard simply by ticking and clicking. That said, we recommend using our simple maintenance services to ensure your site is fully up-to-date at all times, and one step ahead of viruses and hackers.
WordPress was developed with security front of mind, and has kept it a top priority for users. With regular updates, your website will stay secure – and we also recommend using sucuri for added peace of mind.
Do way more than just manage content…
We’re entrusted by businesses and brands of all types and sizes to implement and support content management systems for all kinds of websites. For expert and straightforward help overhauling your existing site, or to get the ball rolling on creating a new one, talk to the team at Liven Creative.